Peter C. Abide
Peter Abide is the managing partner of Currie Johnson’s Gulf Coast office, located in Biloxi Commerce Park. Mr. Abide’s practice focuses on personal injury defense, coverage issues, and trial work of all types. Mr. Abide also assists several local businesses on employment issues, contractual disputes, and general representation. Mr. Abide currently serves as City Attorney for Biloxi.
A resident of Biloxi since 1987, Mr. Abide and his wife Judy have three daughters. He is an active member of Nativity Catholic Church, Fisher House (Board), Dukes Club (Founder), Gulf Coast Chamber, and Biloxi Bay Area Chamber.
Admitted to bar
- Mississippi, 1986
- Louisiana State University (B.S., Accounting, 1981)
- University of Mississippi (J.D., 1986)
- Research Editor and Casenote Editor, Mississippi Law Journal, 1985-1986.
- Law Clerk to former Chief Justice Armis Hawkins, Mississippi Supreme Court, 1986-1987.
- Author: Note, “Demand Futility and the Business Judgment Rule,” 55:1 Mississippi Law Journal, 1985
- “Supreme Court Review – Contracts, Corporations and Commercial Law,” 56:1 Mississippi Law Journal, 1985.
- The Mississippi Bar
- Harrison County Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Member, Litigation Section)
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Inns of Court
- Named to Mid-South Super Lawyers – Personal Injury General: Defense (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Automobile Liability
- Casino Premises Liability
- Commercial Disputes
- General Liability
- Municipal Law
- Premises Liability
- Trucking Litigation
- Utility Issues