Frances R. Shields
Frances Shields was born in Greenwood, Mississippi. She is a graduate of Greenwood High School who received a B.A. in English from Millsaps College. She subsequently obtained a Masters of English Education from Delta State University and taught high school English for a number of years prior to attending law school. Frances has been licensed to practice in the State of Mississippi since 1989 and has tried over a 120 cases before a jury throughout the state and federal courts. Her practice has been concentrated in the areas of personal injury, premises liability, uninsured motorist, and employment law.
Frances has two daughters, one of whom is an investment counselor and another who is an attorney.
Admitted to bar
- Mississippi 1986, U.S. District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Mississippi; U. S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Millsaps College (B.A., 1971)
- Delta State University (M.Ed., 1982)
- University of Mississippi (J.D., 1989)
- The Mississippi Bar
- Hinds County Bar Association
- Rankin County Bar Association
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Member, Sections on: Insurance Law, Trial Practices and Procedures
- The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel